Neutral, Beige, Gray, White, Cream
Antique & Vintage Inspired Rugs
Today's Twist on Rugs of Yore
Porch, Patio & Poolside
Designs by Joanna Gaines
Anchor Your Space
Plush and Posh
Walk on the Wild Side
Reveal Your True Stripes
Rugged, Durable & Stylish
Modern, Traditional, Flatweave & more
Only at Shades of Light
Unique Accent Furniture
Rugs & Area Rugs for Every Room
• Living Room Rugs: When choosing a living room rug, size is often the most important consideration. Large living room area rugs (8x10 and greater) are a great choice for bringing your living space style together. A large colorful rug can work wonders for brightening an eclectic living space, while more minimalist modern living room rugs can create a subtle but stylish foundation. A big living room area rug is also helpful for protecting your living room carpet or flooring.
• Kitchen Runner Rugs: Kitchens are often areas that need a little extra color. A colorful kitchen runner rug is a great choice for a space filled with neutral and metallic appliances. Kitchen runners can also create a soft surface to walk on while you’re moving throughout your culinary workspace and can prevent slippage on tile and wood kitchen floors.
• Dining Room Rugs: Much like dining room lighting, a dining room rug should make a statement. Hand-woven flatweave dhurrie rugs are a bold rug choice to place underneath a dining table. Woven in wool or cotton and offering a wide range of colors in designer patterns like stripes, chevrons, geometrics and damasks, this construction is durable and reversible for longer wear.
• Indoor-Outdoor Rugs: The fastest-growing category of indoor-outdoor rugs is easy-to-clean high-performance rugs with polypropylene fibers. Performance rugs are suitable for interior and exterior use on decks, patios, and porches, and in high traffic areas like doorways, hallways, and kitchens. These rugs do not absorb water, so they can be cleaned with a garden hose and hung out to dry!
• Beach House Rugs: Natural fiber rugs are still a favorite for a more casual or coastal style with selections in sisal, jute, sea grass and hemp. Colored borders and soft brush cut pile with a luxurious natural sheen can evoke a nautical style that is understated and elegant for your seaside getaway space.
For more ideas and advice on choosing a rug for each room, including sizing and placement suggestions, consult our rugs buying guide. These are just a few suggestions for styling the rugs in rooms throughout your home! The possibilities are endless with high-quality, beautiful rugs that can be combined uniquely with a range of furniture and lighting choices to distinguish your style. If you’re looking for rugs on a budget, check out our rugs on sale.