Stylish Simplicity - 8 Simple Steps
8 Simple Steps to streamline your interiors with minimalist selections that add maximum style:
1. Less is more when you don’t crowd furnishings and use one or two large accessories rather than several small ones.
2. Keep it light with natural daylight, and white or clear glass lighting with simple unadorned frames.
3. Quiet your color palette with neutral shades or the softest pastel for your walls and main furnishings.
4. Use patterns sparingly with one impact piece such as a rug, pillow or chair in an otherwise neutral space.
5. Repetition of shapes and designs creates unity with a matching series of art or similar shaped furnishings.
6. Keep it interesting with a pop of one accent color for drama.
7. Conceal clutter by storing everyday necessities in decorative containers and in furniture with storage options.
8. Simple clean shapes without ornamentation balance a room with a soothing symmetry.
Again, think clear glass and simple lines. Less is more, but adding something dramatic as a focal point is also key!