Choosing the right rug for an area requires planning. Home, work, play or retreat area should make a statement. If you are working with an empty area build from the foundation up. Choose the flooring first, then plan the paint, furnishing, fabrics & accessories around the floor.
- Imagine the total look of the room or space you are creating
- What will the area be used for
- Area with high traffic should have a pattern in mid to darker tones to down play traffic patterns
- A sitting area could have a lighter more fragile pattern
- Lighter rugs will increase the perceived size of the room
- Darker rugs will create a warmer, intimate decorum
- Color, style & texture of the rug will set the “personality” of the room
- Consider the existing floor & size of the area when determining the size of rug. Do you want to play down the existing floor, then get a larger rug with an overall pattern. If you want to show off the existing floor get a smaller rug in solid or tone on tone pattern
Rugs are a functional part of any room. They have many task. Protecting or hiding flaws to the existing floor, warming up the floor, creating a look and building a decorative foundation. The choices are virtually endless when it comes to selection. Our site is set up by categories of decor. If you do not see what you want, call us at 1-800-262-6612 with your request, and we will search our resources to find the match for your needs. Our team of buyers is constantly adding new patterns to stay on top of current trends and cutting edge products. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in your personal needs for that perfect rug for your decorative project.