10 Easy Update Ideas for Your Kitchen
- Add a large shade over the chandelier above your eating table. Shop here.
- Add LED lighting above your cabinets. This will make a low ceiling seem higher.
- Add a rug. The new & improved “outdoor” rugs work really well in the kitchen because you can hose them off! They now look like tufted carpet!
- Add a bordered sisal rug and repeat the border fabric on your barstools!
- Recover your barstools in an updated fabric.
- Change your knobs (See Top Knobs Nouveau section here and here).
- Paint your outdated tile backsplash with epoxy paints in a random checkerboard pattern in various hues of the same color interspersed with a neutral (gray, white, beige, etc.). Here’s how!
- Replace your center ceiling light with monorail track. This allows for task and accent lighting on artwork, special cabinet and hood features, etc.